Monday, May 26, 2014

No Time To Post - It's Pool Season!

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick shout out to all! The pool is open and I have been happily swimming and sunning.  My favorite time of year for sure.  The whole living room, dinning room and kitchen are dec'd out in the summer patriotic red, white and blue. So I am one happy girl!  I did have time to craft this little card in a box to give to my friend Nadine in honor of her 30 years on the job! WOW 30 years, that's twice as long as I have been on the job.  Here is a picture of the card I made:

I just loved making the die cuts.  This time I used my brother scan n cut to cut out most of the stamped images (which by the way are digi stamps).  I also used some Stampin' Up punches.  I printed the stamp images and the DSP I made in CA2 in the SU color Perfect Plum and Blackberry Bliss.  The base cardstock is the new In Color Blackberry Bliss.  I just love the colors. I am already planning my next card in a box. I think it will be a red, white and blue patriotic one.  Enjoy the last day of the Memorial Day Weekend.  It's time to hit the sunshine!!
Lysa

3 comments:

  1. Your card in a box is awesome Lysa!! I love what all you can do with your Scan and Cut machine. You rock everything you make my friend!! Our pool is open too, but I just got in for the first time the other evening. We finally had some temps to warm up the water some, but it was still only 80 degrees, but it felt so refreshing on such a hot muggy evening, which we finally got an evening that was like that. We had been having temps still in the low 50's in the evenings. I plan on enjoying my pool this afternoon, just got through mowing so it will be a much welcome refreshing swim! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lysa,

    I just love this box card and the stamps. I am new to card making and was wondering if you could tell me where I may purchase the digi stamps you used from? I have never tried digi stamping but I do have a Brother SNC, Thanks Angie (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie, Thanks for visiting, The digi stamps I used for this project are from Stampin' Up. You can find a demonstrator in Australia and once you find a demonstrator you can purchase all the products on line. Also google digital stamps and you can find many for free. When choosing your stamps for your SnC projects look for stamps with a strong outline so that the machine will read them well. Hope this helps, Lysa

      Delete