Saturday, December 4, 2010

NOW, This Is Christmas Crafty Goodness!

Hi Everyone,
This is the stuff my crafty dreams are made of.  I found this little tote bag at Walgreen's for $5.99 and had a $2.00 coupon. I just loved this little tote but I knew I had some fun stuff in the craftspace that would bump it up a bit.  I had a left over feather boa from a Halloween costume and some jingle bells as well as a white plastic buckle. Also hanging around in the fabric stash is an old black velvet dress that had seen better days.  In my sewing basket was a magnetic purse closure. Wow I had a bunch of cool stuff to add to this tote bag.    I started by cutting off the not so nice black buttons.  I saved them of course!! I hot glued the feather boa right over the white fur so it looks nice and full. I added the magnetic closure so that it was not just an open tote bag. (I was really impressed that this little bag for $5.99 came with a zipper pocket!)  I used gold embossing powder on the white plastic buckle.  I used the bells to cinch the bag up a bit.  I spent about 1-1/2 hours on this tote bag and only took about 20 stitches to sew down the bottom insert that came with the bag but was not secured.  Everything else was glued.  I just love it and I bet I will be carrying it on Christmas eve.  I hope you like it too.  Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment